What sweet words to my ears....Yesterday, our adoption specialist (her name is Catie and I think she is going to be wonderful to work with!) left me a message that our formal application had been approved. I received the letter today and we chatted on the phone for about 30 minutes discussing the next steps. Let me break it down for you...
- Educational classes: we have to attend 12 hours of educational courses. The have classes starting in May or we can start with some online classes and add and/or supplement the courses in Atlanta. I am really excited! There is also some reading involved...I'm headed to Barnes and Noble tonight!
- Interviews. Nathan and I will meet Catie in person (yay!) for a joint interview...we will then meet at a later date for individual interviews. I think we do some assessments before the interviews that act as catalysts for conversation.
- Actual home visit. Catie will visit our home, inspect it I would imagine (anyone want to help clean?? haha..just kidding! I think we do a pretty good job a that!) and ask further questions.
- Fingerprints. I don't suppose there is really much to say about this one :)
- Profile book. I think she may have called it something different but she did say to start gathering pictures of us and our friends and family.
I feel confident that I am forgetting something but maybe not. Anyways, I wanted to share what the next few steps look like for us. I also want to ask you to pray for Catie. She has been great to work with so far and she will be a part of every step along the way. Our relationship with her is crucial and I want that to be a great relationship. I can't imagine the work load she has on her or how she keeps all of the different families and their information straight (and trust me...there is a TON of information).
I am so hopeful in this process and I cannot wait to check all of these things off (as most of you probably know I am a list kind of girl!). Thank you all for reading...please pray for Catie and our future working relationship!
~Natalie (excited mom-to-be)
Side note #1: is it just me or does it seem like people are popping up pregnant all over the place?? :) I suppose it's like buying a car...you see the one you want EVERYWHERE!
Side note #2: my cousins have determined that they are going to treat me as if I were pregnant from here on out...I'm hoping this means dairyqueen turtle blizzards at any hour...or maybe I can even justify pajama jeans? No?